Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Week in Coding

    I'm posting this today (Thursday) as opposed to Friday because, well, nobody will be looking at my blog by tomorrow because I posted a link to it on my Facebook last night.
   I did a lot of things this week, though. I wrote my Linked List C code (seen in my previous post) on Monday night. I actually stayed up all night writing it because I love procrastination and coding just makes sense in the eye-burning hours of the night. I also thought that I'd be able to go home after classes Tuesday morning and catch up on sleep, but I forgot that I was scheduled to go to a PDX Women in Information Technology happy hour meet-n-greet at Metal Toad Media on Tuesday afternoon. After an extensive car-nap, though, I felt much more lively. I met lots of really interesting women and got some business cards and new LinkedIn contacts. Overall, it was a relaxed and rewarding experience. I'm excited for the next one.
  I also started to get a grasp on Assembly Language this week. It's really cool to code in a language so low level. I thought C really broke down problems, but Assembly really REALLY breaks them down.
   Next week should bring a few new concepts with C and Assembly Language. I'll check in later on!

1 comment: